Monday, February 8, 2010
The world is changing so fast that we are not able to see it pass us by. Let's look at two days in history that I'm sure we know about but how we wish we were there to record it.
On , 2005, Pulitzer Prize winning playwright, Arthur Miller died. Miller became famous for Death of A Salesman (1949) and having Marilyn Monroe as his second wife. Where were you five years ago?
On February 11, 1990, was released from prison in South Africa. It was one of the continent's most unforgettable moments. Where were you twenty years ago?
On February 10 and 11, 2010, we will set a new challenge to ourselves! Let us record these days so that five years or twenty years on, the younger generation will ask again this question, we will have a ready and concrete answer.
What is the challenge?
The Challenge is to TAKE 200 PHOTOGRAPHS OF PEOPLE, EVENTS, AND PLACES on February 10 and 11, 2010.
What do you need to do?
- Take photographs using any camera (point & shoot, SLR, digital, film, lomo, instamatic, whatever you have).
- I have designed this blog (http://thegreatphotographychallenge.blogspot.com) where everybody will be given access to post their photos.
- Each person will have a personal folder where his photos will be archived.
- We will try to do this an annual thing beginning this year.
- Shoot something that you can go back to every year.
- Shoot people (solo, group, tribes, drivers, teachers, students, etc) in their natural environment. No choreographed poses please.
Posted by The Light Traveller at 9:57 AM